SmartBrief

www.smartbrief.com
  www.smartbrief.com
There are newer employer reviews for SmartBrief

Fun, interesting place to work, but needs more transparency, organization, increased salary

Current Employee - Tech in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Tech in Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros

Smart, friendly and motivated people who genuinely like each other. No lack of challenging projects and problems to solve. Encouragement to go off and investigate new technologies and areas of interest. Massive growth in recent months and more planned for the future.

Cons

Smartbrief has existed for 10+ years. Time to give up the casual dot com environment and start structuring things. There is no formal process for yearly evaluations to get raises. No performance reviews. Salaries are not competitive. Terrible company-wide turn over rate. No transparency in career progression process. No 401k matching. Not enough vacation time.

Employees are learning whats happening within senior management through gossip. We have little idea where the company is headed. Increase salaries and you'll decrease the massive turnover rate. From the outside we are simply a company that sends email... lets innovate on that before email dies. I am putting "no opinion" for the following question because I have no idea how the CEO is leads SmartBrief.

32 Other Employee Reviews for SmartBrief (View Most Recent)

Great people and a good atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at SmartBrief

Pros

The management and people around you make your job easier and make the office a great place to be. The compensation above fair.

Cons

Wish there was more mingling between different departments more frequently.

SmartBrief is a good company with a good product, but is a very poorly managed company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros

Very relaxed environment and a great work-life balance in terms of expectations. They have a very good benefits package there as well.

Cons

Poor communication from management in terms of the direction of the company. It is very easy to get lost and caught on the outside of being one of managements favorites...

My advice would be to be more transparent to your employees and to treat all employees fair.

There are newer employer reviews for SmartBrief