SmartBrief
www.smartbrief.com Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

SmartBrief Sucks!

In Sales (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsFor the most part, SmartBrief hires great people but as soon as they learn what's what and find out how much they could be getting paid elsewhere, they jump ship. Everyday I see new people in the halls and don't know if they are employed by SmartBrief or somehow mistakenly wandered in through the front door. Upper management is not to be trusted and it seems like they like to work people to death for the lowest wage and toss them out as soon as they start complaining. The benefits are pretty good and the office location is convenient.

ConsAll the things mentioned above and some. The smell of death is in the air. Advertising is getting harder to sell as our clients are finding little to no return on investment. Personally I think their advertising dollars are better spent elsewhere. Email is outdated and most people are deleting our briefs without reading.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe same advise that was given to me, "get with the program."

It's an okay job while you wait for your dream job to come along.

Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time

Pros: For the most part I work with some pretty cool, fun people. Hours are flexible and I can pretty much come and go as I… Cons: Zero room for advancement. HR department is extremely unprofessional and do not set a good example for the rest of the company. I'm actually surprised… Advice to Senior Management: Get a real HR department that knows how to set an example and handle issues. It's pointless to ask them any… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disorganized environment which rarely has goals but does have talented people

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at SmartBrief

Pros: Fun people make working at SmartBrief worthwhile. The culture is quite relaxed… Cons: SmartBrief really doesn't have a business model and has little idea of how to… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership at SmartBrief should really sit down and think about what the business is trying to accomplish. While working there there was rarely a sense… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SmartBrief.

Worked for SmartBrief? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SmartBrief reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SmartBrief CEO Rick Stamberger. All reviews posted anonymously by SmartBrief employees.