SmartBrief

www.smartbrief.com
  www.smartbrief.com
There are newer employer reviews for SmartBrief

SmartBrief...great company, great culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SmartBrief delivers and excellent product for B2B advertisers that yield results. In the crowded B2B world, email is king and SmartBrief has that figured out.

Professionally, the company has 2 high quality modern offices--DC/NY, with a great culture and a real understanding of work/life balance. Nobody is looking over your shoulder. There is an inherent trust that we are all adults and we are all self-motivated and that we want to do a good job. So if you have to stay home to meet the cable guy, that's ok. Do your job, get online and work as if you were in the office. No problem.

Cons

The organization is a bit too flat. It is great for young people, but hard to grow the more senior you are in title/experience. When you've gotten all you can out of the organization you need to look outside for the next opportunity. I have seen excellent talent walk out the door due to limited opportunities.

As with many a small company, the growth opportunities are limited so you have to be prepared to check your ambitions at the door.

Move people around. Foster talent, spread the wealth, but don't be afraid to make unpopular decisions. Ask the hard questions. Stay engaged.

Unfortunately, SmartBrief suffers from a lack of decisiveness. For a small company decisions are not made quickly and employees suffer as a result. Further, there seems to be a small committee of a few who make all of the decisions without proper checks and balances.

32 Other Employee Reviews for SmartBrief (View Most Recent)

Keep on doing what you are doing

Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SmartBrief is a great company that is moving from a start-up atmosphere to a maturing organization. I see lots of growth and development opportunities for myself and others in the future.

Cons

Management has been too patient with poor performers. I am writing because some recent reviews here are totally unfair. I recgonize the people who wrote some of them; they were poor performers who were dragging down the rest of us and are now anonymously griping about a really good company and raising issues that don't exist. Why don't you take a look in the mirror instead of lying?

Get rid of the dead wood faster. We're behind you.

Best Company That I Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing place to work, phenomenal culture, flat organization where your ideas get heard and your work contributes directly to a growing company. Right product, right time. Employees genuinely care about one another to the point where it feels like your colleagues are extended family.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. Great benefits and tons of perks. If I had to pick something they could add, offer gym memberships for all employees, but that's far down on my list.

Keep up the great work.