SmartBrief
www.smartbrief.com Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

SmartBrief...great company, great culture!

New York, NY

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmartBrief delivers and excellent product for B2B advertisers that yield results. In the crowded B2B world, email is king and SmartBrief has that figured out.

Professionally, the company has 2 high quality modern offices--DC/NY, with a great culture and a real understanding of work/life balance. Nobody is looking over your shoulder. There is an inherent trust that we are all adults and we are all self-motivated and that we want to do a good job. So if you have to stay home to meet the cable guy, that's ok. Do your job, get online and work as if you were in the office. No problem.

ConsThe organization is a bit too flat. It is great for young people, but hard to grow the more senior you are in title/experience. When you've gotten all you can out of the organization you need to look outside for the next opportunity. I have seen excellent talent walk out the door due to limited opportunities.

As with many a small company, the growth opportunities are limited so you have to be prepared to check your ambitions at the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove people around. Foster talent, spread the wealth, but don't be afraid to make unpopular decisions. Ask the hard questions. Stay engaged.

Unfortunately, SmartBrief suffers from a lack of decisiveness. For a small company decisions are not made quickly and employees suffer as a result. Further, there seems to be a small committee of a few who make all of the decisions without proper checks and balances.

Keep on doing what you are doing

Sales (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: SmartBrief is a great company that is moving from a start-up atmosphere to a maturing organization.… Cons: Management has been too patient with poor performers. I am writing because some recent reviews here are totally unfair. I recgonize the people… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the dead wood faster. We're behind… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best Company That I Ever Worked For

Account Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Amazing place to work, phenomenal culture, flat organization where your ideas get heard and your work contributes directly to a growing company.… Cons: Can't really think of any cons. Great benefits and tons of perks. If I had to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SmartBrief.

Worked for SmartBrief? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SmartBrief reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SmartBrief CEO Rick Stamberger. All reviews posted anonymously by SmartBrief employees.