SmartBrief

www.smartbrief.com

Sales

ProsThis is the best time ever to be selling digital advertising and SmartBrief is great in the sense that you get an unprecedented amount of responsibility so early on in your career-- if you work hard, it will pay off and there is uncapped commission which really is rare these days. We are working among some extremely talented people and everyone should take advantage of their willingness to be a mentor-- especially recent grads- you'll learn a lot.

The office environment is great- everyone really gets along and recently SmartBrief started a softball team so it's a great way to spend more time with people in other departments. This summer each department has been hosting their own happy hour for the rest of the company, which has been a lot of fun.

It's disappointing to see so many complaints about HR- it seems like some people forget that as we expand into a larger organization, we also have to go through some learning curves. In the past year HR has brought on an incredible talent team, and it is amazing to watch the change in how we go about bringing on new talent, as well as developing the talent already here at SmartBrief. Whether you take advantage of it, that is up to you.

ConsThere is low pay for entry level positions until you get promoted into an AE role and can start making commission- but if you bust your ass for a year then it's totally worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being harder on people who don't make their quotas-- there should be no excuse, since they set them.

SmartBrief...great company, great culture!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: SmartBrief delivers and excellent product for B2B advertisers that yield results. In the crowded B2B world, email is king and SmartBrief has that figured… Cons: The organization is a bit too flat. It is great for young people, but hard to grow the more senior you are in title/experience.… Advice to Senior Management: Move people around. Foster talent, spread the wealth, but don't be afraid to make unpopular decisions. Ask the hard questions. Stay engaged. Unfortunately,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Keep on doing what you are doing

Sales (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: SmartBrief is a great company that is moving from a start-up atmosphere to a maturing organization.… Cons: Management has been too patient with poor performers. I am writing because some recent reviews here are totally unfair. I recgonize the people… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the dead wood faster. We're behind… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SmartBrief.

Worked for SmartBrief? Contribute to the Community!