SmartBrief

www.smartbrief.com
  www.smartbrief.com
There are newer employer reviews for SmartBrief

Great people and a good atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at SmartBrief

Pros

The management and people around you make your job easier and make the office a great place to be. The compensation above fair.

Cons

Wish there was more mingling between different departments more frequently.

32 Other Employee Reviews for SmartBrief (View Most Recent)

SmartBrief is a good company with a good product, but is a very poorly managed company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros

Very relaxed environment and a great work-life balance in terms of expectations. They have a very good benefits package there as well.

Cons

Poor communication from management in terms of the direction of the company. It is very easy to get lost and caught on the outside of being one of managements favorites...

My advice would be to be more transparent to your employees and to treat all employees fair.

About as good a place to work as an email newsletter company could be

Current Employee - SmartBrief Tech in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - SmartBrief Tech in Washington, DC

I have been working at SmartBrief

Pros

I have coworkers I like and I work on interesting things. I dress casually and roll in around 10. I feel like my peers and superiors listen to me and value my opinions. I've been able to advance my career in a somewhat shorter period than I think I would have been able to most places. There's beer in the fridge and the office is social.

Cons

Email can only be so exciting, even taking into account that we do a lot of interesting stuff around it. We can be proud of the products we put out, and our customers like us, but we're not saving puppies, orphans, or the world. We're not causing any big revolutions.

In my experience, office politics are better than they are be in other places I've worked, but it seems there are still occasional battles in the upper ranks that aren't entirely productive.

There are no offices in Hawaii or Costa Rica.

Come to decisions and act on them a little more quickly.

SmartBrief's workplace culture seems to be an important reason that people stick around. Fight to keep it a positive as we grow.

There are newer employer reviews for SmartBrief