There are newer employer reviews for SmartZip Analytics

An innovative company with great culture and lots of room for growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working at SmartZip. When I first started, I was a bit skeptical but once I got to know the team and learn the product, I was thrilled to be a part of such an up and coming startup. Everyone is fun, hardworking and professional. I'm learning new skills everyday that will benefit my overall professional work experience.

Cons

It can be a little noisy on the floor as we continue to expand and hire new talent, but it's good to know that we'll be growing into a new office.

Advice to Management

Please continue to give the team manageable expectations and be communicative. Great job!

reviews filtered by

Many promises followed by lots of disappointment

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time

Pros

• Some great employees that help the days pass at such a challenging company.
    • The location is close to 580, 680 & Bart
    • Office conditions are clean
    • Flexible with schedules – dependent upon manager

Cons

• There is little chance to advance within the company.
    • Salaries are very low
    • Upper management believes they are very superior to the rest of the employees constantly degrading them with little thanks or appreciation.
    • There is a lot of turnover and the company is constantly hiring entry level employees who are constantly making errors.
    • They have fired many great employees after their platforms are all laid out for and then the management just take all credit for those wonderful former employees (happened multiple times)
    • They try to preach that they are a very open and communicative company but everything is done behind the scenes with many rush decisions with little thought of repercussions.
    • Many of the promotions are not given to those that are best qualified but rather to friends or favorites of upper management.
    • Little or no training at all for many of the positions.

At first I was genuinely shocked at many of the high and positive reviews considering the moral in the whole office is really one that is somber and then I realized that management is trying to hire people to the office and need positive reviews. Unfortunately I have put lots of time and effort into SmartZip in hopes that this could be a company I enjoyed and could work 10+ years at, but the constant disappointment and negativity finally will wear any good employee out.

Advice to Management

I really feel it is time for upper management to earn their wage and encourage and train their employees properly. Also good employees should be recognized and rewarded.

too much disappointment

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time

Pros

I work with some people that are so kind but slowly the good ones get fired. The employees try so hard to work and work very long nights and weekends and noone ever recognizes, though. We have a good cafe next door.

Cons

We constantly degraded by management team. They always think they are much superious. I wanted so many times to have faith that it will get better but it never did. It only gets worse. Everyone in company makes fun of technology because we're not and our boss does not know what is going on. I am shamed for writing this but truth must be spoken. I wish personal ego and wicked tactics would stop. Don't use people then fire them when they are done like toilet paper.

Advice to Management

You are people like us and we try so hard. Everyone talks to you but you never listen and think you know too much better than all of us. It is so hard to work with you. Please treat us like poeple.

There are newer employer reviews for SmartZip Analytics