So many years of sub-par technical leadership

Current Employee - Tech Or Service  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Tech Or Service in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time

Pros

1. The sales team is continuously kept fresh by bringing in new ones and getting rid of old ones. I suppose this is good for the company but bad for the sales persons.
2. The worker bees in engineering and data are nice and pleasant.

Cons

1. You will notice many positive reviews from sales. When they are brought in they are treated like royalty --- at first. Be careful.
2. The technical leadership has floundered for so long and actually detracted from moving product forward. If you interview here, ask some straight technical questions and look for straight and accurate technical answers. You won't get it. There is a severe lack of understanding under a guise of jargon and word-smithing.
3. Closed room berating happens and you can sometimes hear the yelling and insults. It is not too common but I have seen at least four people leave the rooms crying.
4. Customer/Client service is worked and over-worked. A philosophy was mentioned about "breaking people". I will not mention who in the leadership said that. This same person is known to badmouth his "underlings" and mock and joke about their abilities.

I fear that advice will be ignored as usual. But nonetheless, I offer it. Please look at yourselves. Look deep within yourselves and ask this: If I were to step down and bring someone else who does a much better job than I, wouldn't I be better off?" After all, you have been given special stock and lots of common. It would be in your interest to actually bring in people who can make things move. There is so much potential and you are the ones preventing success.

I beg you to seriously look within. Be open and honest with yourself. Put aside the pride. You will end up winners. Step down gracefully. You've given a bit to the company, I will admit. It's time to move on.

SmartZip Analytics Response

May 14, 2014HR Director

I am sorry to hear of your experience; this is not the work environment that we are trying to create. I am surprised by most of your comments; however we take all feedback very seriously. Since it ... More

Other Reviews for SmartZip Analytics

I enjoy coming to work!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fun, open environment.
    The company is growing rapidly and there is clear path for advancement opportunities.
    I really enjoy the people that I work with. The energy in the office is infectious.
    I feel like I make an impact on the company culture every day, and my voice is heard.
    We are breaking record after record for sales revenue! We've gone from being unknown, to the go-to player in this market.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly. While this is also a positive, it also becomes very apparent where we are deficient. Occasionally it seems like we hire someone just to fill a spot, rather than really finding well qualified professionals.

Keep working to add vertical markets.
    Hire only well-qualified people.

SmartZip Analytics Response

May 14, 2014HR Director

We are glad to hear you are happy working at SmartZip! As we grow, we will continue promoting the culture you have enjoyed so far. We also appreciate the constructive feedback.

Difficult Environment, Lacking Positive Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at SmartZip Analytics part-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfortunately I was not able to find much positive with in such a negative environment. There were team members who tried to insulate others with out much success.

Cons

Management liked to lead by yelling and screaming. Very negative environment to work in everyday. Way to much turnover from the top down.

There are newer employer reviews for SmartZip Analytics.

Worked for SmartZip Analytics? Contribute to the Community!