There are newer employer reviews for SmartZip Analytics

So many years of sub-par technical leadership

Current Employee - Tech Or Service in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Tech Or Service in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time

Pros

1. The sales team is continuously kept fresh by bringing in new ones and getting rid of old ones. I suppose this is good for the company but bad for the sales persons. 2. The worker bees in engineering and data are nice and pleasant.

Cons

1. You will notice many positive reviews from sales. When they are brought in they are treated like royalty --- at first. Be careful. 2. The technical leadership has floundered for so long and actually detracted from moving product forward. If you interview here, ask some straight technical questions and look for straight and accurate technical answers. You won't get it. There is a severe lack of understanding under a guise of jargon and word-smithing. 3. Closed room berating happens and you can sometimes hear the yelling and insults. It is not too common but I have seen at least four people leave the rooms crying. 4. Customer/Client service is worked and over-worked. A philosophy was mentioned about "breaking people". I will not mention who in the leadership said that. This same person is known to badmouth his "underlings" and mock and joke about their abilities.

Advice to Management

I fear that advice will be ignored as usual. But nonetheless, I offer it. Please look at yourselves. Look deep within yourselves and ask this: If I were to step down and bring someone else who does a much better job than I, wouldn't I be better off?" After all, you have been given special stock and lots of common. It would be in your interest to actually bring in people who can make things move. There is so much potential and you are the ones preventing success. I beg you to seriously look within. Be open and honest with yourself. Put aside the pride. You will end up winners. Step down gracefully. You've given a bit to the company, I will admit. It's time to move on.

SmartZip Analytics Response

May 14, 2014 – HR Director

I am sorry to hear of your experience; this is not the work environment that we are trying to create. I am surprised by most of your comments; however we take all feedback very seriously. Since it ... More

Other Employee Reviews for SmartZip Analytics

Good people, good product, good outlook

I have been working at SmartZip Analytics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. The People! The camaraderie is top notch. When people are making smoothies in the kitchen (with out new Vitamix the company provided), people are always asking how my day is going and chatting about their days. 2. My Boss! My direct supervisor has a very open door policy (though we are all in cubicles). My supervisor and I have weekly 1:1's where I gain clear knowledge of my strengths and what I can improve upon/ways to get myself to the next level for my personal career goals. 3. The FUN Stuff! As mentioned above, the office purchased a Vitamix blender for us! We have a great staff that is always ready to head out after a long day and celebrate the start of the weekend. The company provided a cruise around the Bay with lunch for our Holiday Party. We have bean bags and yoga balls. 4. The Product! We have some amazing first class Realtors using our software. There are some great releases that have recently come out. We recently initiated an advisory council that will help guide the product to the next level.

Cons

1. Space... right now it feel like we are at maximum capactiy and the office is rather tight. We are growing at a steady rate so I am assuming management has a plan for this. 2. Company goals... obviously the constant goal is to continue to move the company forward, but what else? The CEO holds company meetings every couple months, but in between, communication is sparse. 3. Recognition... my supervisor does a great job of telling me when I have done well, but I would like to hear about the "wins" of others. It helps push me to strive harder.

Advice to Management

Management is fairly approachable, but please take the time to set your employees up to succeed for their career goals.

Difficult Environment, Lacking Positive Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at SmartZip Analytics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately I was not able to find much positive with in such a negative environment. There were team members who tried to insulate others with out much success.

Cons

Management liked to lead by yelling and screaming. Very negative environment to work in everyday. Way to much turnover from the top down.