Smarter Travel

There are newer employer reviews for Smarter Travel

Very Happy Here

Current Employee - Software Engineering Lead in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineering Lead in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smarter Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers and teammates are awesome. Compensation and benefits vastly exceed expectations I had only a few years ago. Engineering team is strong with many knowledgeable engineers to learn from and as a bonus they're mostly all nice people too. Opportunities to work on new products and ideas arise fairly frequently. Technology stack is fairly fresh and engineering management is pretty good about introducing new technologies and giving devs opportunities to try out new stuff.

Cons

Engineering is stretched a little thin and senior management tends to push for pretty aggressive deadlines, which leads to some folks on the engineering team being stretched a little thin.

I don't want us to lose anyone due to burnout so I might consider easing up on some deadlines especially for those teams that are already exerting themselves pretty heavily.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Smarter Travel (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work with AMAZING people! Interesting problems to solve, and meaningful work to be done!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smarter Travel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The people are AMAZING to work with. I feel really lucky to get to work with such a great team every day!
    - Company is growing, but has maintained the small company feeling - we just moved to a great new office in the North End in January to bring us all together on one floor.
    - The Senior Management team is approachable - doing away with offices for managers was a really great idea
    - Employees are treated like adults and are trusted to get their stuff done
    - Benefits & perks are great - 100% health insurance for employee-only plans, 401(k) match, RSU grants, generous vacation policy, travel benefits and discounts, chair massages once a month, catered lunch twice a week.

Cons

- There is a bit of an 'us' and 'them' mentality between the Boston & New York teams which needs to be addressed
    - There is a HUGE gap between SmarterTravel and TripAdvisor, the parent company. Does anyone at TA actually understand who we are and what we do here?
    - Our teams are lean, which leaves some teams feeling overwhelmed and short on resources

Work on keeping the small company feeling. Work on better integrating the Boston & New York teams.

Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Senior BI Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior BI Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smarter Travel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced development
    Challenging problems to work with
    Stress free environment enables to learn a lot and try new/creative things
    Employees are treated very decently. Great employee value
    Work/life balance is great
    Lots of talented, smart people to work with
    Constant opportunities for learning all kinds of new things

Cons

I have none to say at this moment

There are newer employer reviews for Smarter Travel