Smartronix

www.smartronix.com

Smartronix employment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsI feel like one of the advantages to working for Smartronix is that the company has really good benefits including, life insurance, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance. They also do profit sharing after the first 2 years unless you start at the wrong time of the year and then it could be three years like it was for me. Start before June of the year and you will be better off. They are also flexible about the hours that you can work and provide you with three weeks of paid vacation until your fifth year where you get four weeks of vacation.

ConsIn my opinion, it seems as though management has no interest in helping the employees develop their career or skills. No or very little training is offered to improve the employee's skill set.

It seems like they only want to hire someone that they know can do a particular job that they have a slot for and once that employee is in the slot, as long as they do the job then they are practically forgotten about unless their is some emergency for which they need the employee's assistance.

Very little information is passed along to employees that would give them any indication of where the company is heading or how it will effect them as an employee.

Contracts seems to be constantly in turmoil and sense of job security is very fleeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide career development opportunities.

Develop more work opportunites/contracts so that employees don't constantly feel as though their job could vanish at a moments notice.

Provide more insight into company direction at all levels. Inform employess on changes that will affect them more regularly.

A small company that may not be for everyone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Smartronix for less than a year

Pros: - Able to secure decent contracts that allow for decent entry level and mid… Cons: - Willing to severally underbid contracts to win them, cuts are taken out of employee salaries. - Little information passed down… Advice to Senior Management: Engage your employees in new growth to find more mid and higher level contract positions to offer more growth and keep… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent company, great benefits, diversifying across industry

I have been working at Smartronix full-time

Pros: benefits, family atmosphere, they take care of employees. Cons: tight salary caps, politics at some levels Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Smartronix.

Worked for Smartronix? Contribute to the Community!