Smith International
www.smith.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Over worked and under paid

Quality Inspector (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smith International for more than 5 years

ProsOpportunities for overtime. This is a good place for a starter in the oil field

ConsPromotions are based on who you know rather than your knowledge and what you can bring to the table. Raises are a set amount for every individual so work ethic is irrelevant. Whether you learn new things or just do the bare minimum, everybody gets the same raise every six months.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your work force and reward employees who go above and beyond the requirements. As things stand, there is no incentive for anyone to do better than the next guy.

ok

Bit Assembly (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smith International

Pros: Producers of the best products in the field Cons: it all about who you know rather than performance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have been working at Smith International

Pros: International exposure, reputation of the company Cons: benefits offered are not good More

There are newer reviews on Smith International.

Worked for Smith International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smith International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smith International CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Smith International employees.