Smith's Food & Drug

www.smithsfoodanddrug.com
  www.smithsfoodanddrug.com
There are newer employer reviews for Smith's Food & Drug

great if you want a full part-time job

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Bullhead City, AZ
Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Bullhead City, AZ

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome people, very friendly. I love the people I work with even the manager are easy to talk to.

Cons

I wouldn't mind the short hours if they were say three 8 hours shifts but when you work 5 days a week for barely 20 hours it makes life very hard, because the shifts are at different times of the days and days off change every week having a second job is next to impossible.

Take into consideration that your employees have bills to pay and can't survive with a full part-time job. If you are only able to give them 15-20 hours a week then work with them so that they can get a second job to pay their bills.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Smith's Food & Drug (View Most Recent)

Management is a joke

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most co-workers at my store were cool, though that may not be the case everywhere, pay is good compared to the same position at other stores. You never have to take home the stress, as soon as you punch out, you're off the hook.

Cons

They generally run a really tight crew so you will have your regular job duties and then you will also have extra things that will be tasked to you and it is expected to be done daily. For example, I work in the dairy section, in an eight hour shift I need to keep up on my stuff, face and fill the wall deli, face the grocery aisles, and fill holes in frozen. I generally spend a quarter of my shift on random tasks.You will also be required to be checker trained, which will take you away from your job for a good hour or so a day.
    The atmosphere seems to be decaying, more and more people are complaining or just look unhappy.

You need more people, the job may get done on a skeleton crew, but it's not 100%.

great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, NM

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug

Pros

great hours and pretty good pay

Cons

better communication needed between employees and employer

none