Smith's Food & Drug

www.smithsfoodanddrug.com

Trying to be Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, and Harmons.

Barista (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe pay is great if you know the right people and strings to pull. Discounts on Ford, Apple, HP, Dell, and Lenovo products as well as some phone plans. Involved in community and donates to Primary Children's Hospital.

ConsStarting pay isn't pleasant. Management gets worse the hirer you go. Greedy and sells out to any third party to save a buck. Gotten really conservative in the past 5 years(e.g. Hiring limitations on tattoos, gauged ears, and hair style/color). Employee discount is only 10% off Kroger brands and nonfoods at Marketplace locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees and customers again instead of aiming for 'Highly Satisfied' scores. Secret shoppers and telephone surveys provided more accurate and positive feedback than your online survey built for complaints.

The positive employees make this a great place to work.

Produce Clerk (Current Employee) Kalispell, MT

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This store likes hard workers, and values creative thinking. If you come in with the mindset of doing a good job, you'll be treated… Cons: The department managers have been with the store for over 30 years, making it really hard to progress in the company. Every year they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Really Frustrated, Been with smiths 8+ years at many locations in Utah, all have been a department Manager position.

Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Decent pay, shopping all around, good employees. Cons: -Not enough help threw out the stores to complete tasks. -Stop focusing 200% on customers, you have FORGOTTEN about your employees. -Quit taking away all hours from… Advice to Senior Management: Help us"employees" out!! We are really struggling and in need of help!! Stores need more hours, Walmart is taking advantage of us right… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Smith's Food & Drug.

Worked for Smith's Food & Drug? Contribute to the Community!