Smith's Food & Drug

www.smithsfoodanddrug.com

Just hope you get one of the good stores

Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA few stores have it figured out, people enjoy being there and morale is fantastic, but that can unfortunately change quickly with a swapping of management.

ConsStore directors range from barely competent to absolutely outstanding. I've had a few directors that were promoted straight from the front end without any kind of experience in the back, those stores always seem to struggle.
The company always seems to have a new project that will be a "game changer", these changes usually just put a lot more work on the associates and customers either hate it or are indifferent, so why waste precious hours?
The hourly associates are expendable, management clearly knows this and takes advantage of it, it's quite a morale killer.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomers aren't idiot animals to be herded around, "Satisfied customers make our paychecks possible", so let's do something for them that isn't all about getting into their wallets.

It's a great place to start off one's career.

Fuel Center Clerk (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Smith's Food & Drug part-time for more than a year

Pros: The opportunity for advancement is just like any other place but if you actually talk with your supervisor… Cons: I don't think anyone has a clear view of company policy and job description. Some policies go unrecognized and sometimes unfair to employees. I met… Advice to Senior Management: Start following procedures and laws just a little constructive criticism. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awful communication between management and employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Smith's Food & Drug part-time

Pros: Fast paced Coworkers are usually very nice/helpful Cons: No communication between HR/management and employees Lax management on important matters Rude management HR does… Advice to Senior Management: TELL YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE STORE INSTEAD OF PUNISHING THEM BY TAKING… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Smith's Food & Drug.

Worked for Smith's Food & Drug? Contribute to the Community!