There are newer employer reviews for SmithBucklin

Great Place with Great People

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at SmithBucklin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SmithBucklin does an excellent job of hiring high-quality, skilled professionals. Roles/departments are well-defined and if you are willing to work hard and truly want to learn and grow professionally, this is the right place for you. This is not the place for individuals who want to skate along, fly under the radar and not pull their weight.

The company has an evident commitment to employee development and ongoing learning. With a variety of clients and projects, you get exposure to many different types of work, organizations and people - as well as the opportunity to take part in directing your own career path by expressing interest areas and pursuing them.

The Marketing & Communications department is well managed with focus and strong leadership that cares about each employee's growth and interests.

If I was not relocating, I would never have left this company.

Cons

A lot of positions require travel and some require extra time during certain busy times of the year, so you have to be able to strike a balance and know when those times are for your clients.

Continue to develop your top performers and instill incentives for the amazing group of employees you have. Don't loose them! Not all departments were as well-managed as the MarComm department with close attention to individual bandwidth and utilization...this is so important within the client-based business that you work.

reviews filtered by

Great place to advance your career…

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong values, good pay and benefits with emphasis on Career Development!

The company provides associates with invaluable work experience to develop their careers.

Cons

If you’re not interested in a fast paced environment, this place is not for you.

Management focuses on the financials which is critical for SmithBucklin clients, but remember that certain technologies are needed to provide those same clients with excellent products and services.

I have found SmithBucklin to be a great place to grow and learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at SmithBucklin for nearly five years now and the company offers me a challenging, yet rewarding work environment

I have found it to be a great place to develop both personally and professionally – and have experienced tremendous opportunities for growth

This is a team-orientated work environment which will foster your ability to work well with others. You experience working with smart, driven, high-intelligent individuals

SmithBucklin manages non-profit associations and offers employees the opportunity to work with nonprofit organizations to help them fulfill their missions

It is a fast-paced work environment and service-oriented culture. Personally, I thrive in this type of work environment but it is not for everyone

It is great place for those who want a fulfilling, meaningful job where they are busy and do not have the time to text and check Facebook and Gmail all day long

SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee-owned – I personally feel more committed to my work knowing that I am also a part owner of the company

Cons

Some positions are demanding and may require working long hours during busier times of the year

The company should continue to focus on, train and develop the extraordinary, talented individuals within the company

There are newer employer reviews for SmithBucklin