Great Company That Truly Focuses On Their Employees and Clients

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SmithBucklin is a truly unique company that delivers professional services to the Association Management market and has been doing this for more than 65 years. The environment provides a teaming, innovative and collaborative approach and is a great place to learn, grow and gain hands on transferable skills. The company culture driven by its guiding principles are consistent and demonstrated on a daily basis throughout all levels of the company that keeps the focus on delivering outstanding client service and success.

Cons

The unique environment of working with volunteers that have a primary 'day job' and often the need to balance and demonstrate patience working through commitments and deliverables. It takes some time to get used to that balance and environment but when comfortable is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus and investment on technology, innovation and building of the services portfolio that will continue to drive client value and success for years to come.

reviews filtered by
  1. I'm thrilled to be returning as an employee of SmithBucklin!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at SmithBucklin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was a proud SmithBucklin owner. I was surrounded by smart, talented, down-to-earth people and I felt that my efforts were acknowledged and rewarded. The company also shares my same commitment to charity. Overall, SmithBucklin has just the right culture for me to be successful and fulfilled in my work life. Of course I'd come back to that!

Cons

Sure, there are days when the hours can be long, but the company balances challenging work days by taking the time to celebrate and reward our efforts, too. I heard they gave iPads to the employees again.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in learning and development in your employees. When I was interviewing other companies I realized that SmithBucklin excels in that area.

2. Great growth company

Current Employee - Association Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Association Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to lead projects, work with industry leaders, manage events, learn about differant industries, handle differant aspects of operations, marketing, sales. Touches on all skills and it is never boring

Cons

During busy times it can get hectic but if you are a good multi-tasker it is a great place for you.

Advice to Management

The ESOP is such a unique aspect of working at SmithBucklin and allow for us all to feel like owners. Keep up the information sharing. It is unique.