SmithGroupJJR

There are newer employer reviews for SmithGroupJJR

Great People, Collaborative Environment, Not a great industry

Former Employee - Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Employee - Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at SmithGroupJJR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I liked almost everyone I worked with. The projects I worked on were very cool. The office locations are all in great urban spaces... Ann Arbor MI, Madison WI, DC, and Chicago

Cons

The land development industry was hit hard during the recession. Work was scarce, margins were razor thin and morale was down. It was enough to drive me away from the business. This is not the industry to pursue if you are looking for career advancement, good compensation, and a stable work environment.

Implement a better employee training program for young new-hires with a structured Leadership/Professional development track for high potential individuals.

40 Other Employee Reviews for SmithGroupJJR (View Most Recent)

Great people, decent projects, disconnected upper management, no clear career path

Former Employee - Architect I in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Architect I in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmithGroupJJR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great people, interesting projects, decent PTO + Friday offs, great industry reputation, casual working environment, great company events, healthcare focused company.

Cons

Strong politics like all the large firms. No career advancement plan, very little opportunities. Poor marketing makes the firm hard to get work resulting the studios very slow at most times. Poor project management and fee tracking which caused most project to loose profit. Repeatitive tasks, relatively poor in areas other than healthcare.

Good working environment, little opportunities

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at SmithGroupJJR full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Treatment is quite respectful, workload was reasonable

Cons

After a few months, there were nothing new to learn, and no new assignments given. Most of the time I just sat doing nothing.

Give more challenging work to the young professionals, and pay them market rate.

There are newer employer reviews for SmithGroupJJR