Smithfield Foods

www.smithfieldfoods.com
  www.smithfieldfoods.com
There are newer employer reviews for Smithfield Foods

i love it and am proud to work for the company

Current Employee - I Work In the Smoked Meat Department Sliced Hams That IS in Grayson, KY

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

there a great product and the company is for the workers,good benifits , payed vacation, payed personal days off

Cons

i dont have any but @ chirstmas time work 7 day a week but that is not always a bad thing

get more involed in production on the floor

55 Other Employee Reviews for Smithfield Foods (View Most Recent)

very pleasant

Current Employee - Scooper in Wilson, NC
    Current Employee - Scooper in Wilson, NC

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

the opporunity to advance. good benefits. i can make the bacon and bring home the bacon.

Cons

there is favorism with certain employees.

n/a

Smithfield is a very rewarding workplace with many opportunities to advance in a career.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, NC

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

In my experience I have learned more a bout Environmental than i ever knew before and I love it. Managers have a lot to do with that. Pay is good, and the opportunities are great. If you are interested in a career at Smithfield Packing, management will help you get there. Community involvement is great. Environmental issues are handled promptly.

Cons

The only downside that i see with the company is that they don't want to spend the money to put enough people, or (the right people) in our department. When one person is out there is no one to take their place and the Supervisor has to do the job along with their own job. That results in not a lot of time for family or to take care of business matters.

Find a way to see how many hrs. Salary employees are putting into the job and compensate for the hrs. daily or cut back the hrs. I work 12 and 13 hrs. a day every day for the same pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Smithfield Foods