Smithfield Foods

www.smithfieldfoods.com

very pleasant

Current Employee - Scooper  in  Wilson, NC
Current Employee - Scooper in Wilson, NC

Pros

the opporunity to advance. good benefits. i can make the bacon and bring home the bacon.

Cons

there is favorism with certain employees.

n/a

Other reviews for Smithfield Foods

It's been a joyful rollercoaster for me, a ride I would personally get on again.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance  in  Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Landover, MD

Pros

My top choice of working for Smithfield is, I definitely love the people,and I enjoy my job.

Cons

When they tell you are off and then you're not, you have to miss out on your plans.

We have a life and other family outside of Smithfield, cause I personally do consider Smithfield my family.

Smithfield is a very rewarding workplace with many opportunities to advance in a career.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Clinton, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, NC

Pros

In my experience I have learned more a bout Environmental than i ever knew before and I love it. Managers have a lot to do with that. Pay is good, and the opportunities are great. If you are interested in a career at Smithfield Packing, management will help you get there. Community involvement is great. Environmental issues are handled promptly.

Cons

The only downside that i see with the company is that they don't want to spend the money to put enough people, or (the right people) in our department. When one person is out there is no one to take their place and the Supervisor has to do the job along with their own job. That results in not a lot of time for family or to take care of business matters.

Find a way to see how many hrs. Salary employees are putting into the job and compensate for the hrs. daily or cut back the hrs. I work 12 and 13 hrs. a day every day for the same pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Smithfield Foods.

Worked for Smithfield Foods? Contribute to the Community!