There are newer employer reviews for Smithfield Foods

Smithfield is a very rewarding workplace with many opportunities to advance in a career.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, NC
Current Employee - Supervisor in Clinton, NC

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

In my experience I have learned more a bout Environmental than i ever knew before and I love it. Managers have a lot to do with that. Pay is good, and the opportunities are great. If you are interested in a career at Smithfield Packing, management will help you get there. Community involvement is great. Environmental issues are handled promptly.

Cons

The only downside that i see with the company is that they don't want to spend the money to put enough people, or (the right people) in our department. When one person is out there is no one to take their place and the Supervisor has to do the job along with their own job. That results in not a lot of time for family or to take care of business matters.

Find a way to see how many hrs. Salary employees are putting into the job and compensate for the hrs. daily or cut back the hrs. I work 12 and 13 hrs. a day every day for the same pay.

reviews filtered by
  1. It's been a joyful rollercoaster for me, a ride I would personally get on again.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Landover, MD

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

My top choice of working for Smithfield is, I definitely love the people,and I enjoy my job.

Cons

When they tell you are off and then you're not, you have to miss out on your plans.

We have a life and other family outside of Smithfield, cause I personally do consider Smithfield my family.

2. I'm disappointed in the changes over the years at Smithfield Foods.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros

It the only place in the area that is hiring.

Cons

Wages has been taken from us because of money owed to us!!!!

don't feel that just because you are in management position that you can talk to your employee any way you want too. Be respectful of your employees and more will get accomplished.

There are newer employer reviews for Smithfield Foods