Smithfield Foods

www.smithfieldfoods.com

Smithfield is a very rewarding workplace with many opportunities to advance in a career.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Clinton, NC

ProsIn my experience I have learned more a bout Environmental than i ever knew before and I love it. Managers have a lot to do with that. Pay is good, and the opportunities are great. If you are interested in a career at Smithfield Packing, management will help you get there. Community involvement is great. Environmental issues are handled promptly.

ConsThe only downside that i see with the company is that they don't want to spend the money to put enough people, or (the right people) in our department. When one person is out there is no one to take their place and the Supervisor has to do the job along with their own job. That results in not a lot of time for family or to take care of business matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to see how many hrs. Salary employees are putting into the job and compensate for the hrs. daily or cut back the hrs. I work 12 and 13 hrs. a day every day for the same pay.

It's been a joyful rollercoaster for me, a ride I would personally get on again.

Quality Assurance (Current Employee) Landover, MD

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros: My top choice of working for Smithfield is, I definitely… Cons: When they tell you are off and then you're… Advice to Senior Management: We have a life and other family outside of Smithfield,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I'm disappointed in the changes over the years at Smithfield Foods.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smithfield, VA

I have been working at Smithfield Foods

Pros: It the only place in the area that is hiring. Cons: Wages has been taken from us because of money owed… Advice to Senior Management: don't feel that just because you are in management position that you can talk to your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Smithfield Foods.

Worked for Smithfield Foods? Contribute to the Community!