Smiths Detection
www.smithsdetection.com Wiesbaden, Germany 500 to 999 Employees

I've had lots of opportunities!

Edgewood, MD

ProsGreat products that really make a difference.

I've had lots of oppotunities. I've filled the roles of embedded software developer, application developer, project manager, software department manager and now director of technology.

I feel I'm able to make a difference to the company and my staff. Senior management listens to me and takes my ideas seriously.

I've travelled the world!

ConsExtremely difficult to hire new staff and unable to pay staff adquately.

Cross-cultural teams are difficult in that different sites are very skeptical of each other.

Worked to death sometimes!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with employees. Try to focus the product development effort more. We can't do everything with just a few people. What we do we must do well!

Waiste of 3 years of my life

Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Smiths Detection

Pros: Compensation is average, benefits are OK. Work environment is casual. Many employees … Cons: There is a favorotism toward certain employees. It seems it is the only way to get a promotion is if you "know" someone. … Advice to Senior Management: Top management is out of touch. The employees have spoken this year, most of the problems could be fixed with return… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Company sliding into oblivion.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at Smiths Detection

Pros: Compensation was equitable, but hard earned. Cons: Senior managers have divergent goals and totally blind to reality and what really matters within the business units. Who you are and how you look… Advice to Senior Management: Clear the Senior Management decks and get some folks who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Smiths Detection.

Worked for Smiths Detection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smiths Detection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smiths Detection CEO Mal Maginnis. All reviews posted anonymously by Smiths Detection employees.