Smiths Detection

www.smithsdetection.com
  www.smithsdetection.com
There are newer employer reviews for Smiths Detection

OKAY IF YOU ARE PART OF THE "IN CROWD"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I worked at Smiths Detection

Pros

If you work hard and were not part of the "IN CROWD" you were just forgotten about. If you did the minimum amount to get by and just showed up you may get a token award. The IN CROWD nominated each other for bonus awards. Free soda, coffee and Pea Pod delivery. Free clothing and free "good stuff" thrown away by the manufacturing supervisor :-)

Cons

Have to be a favorite of the OPS head to get anywhere. Liked the products and most of the people but not the management smoke and mirror style.

Take a hard look at the smoke and mirrors display by the OPS Director. Talk to the real guys on the floor confidentially to learn what is really happening behind the smoke and mirrors you cant really be THAT dumb can you?

43 Other Employee Reviews for Smiths Detection (View Most Recent)

I've had lots of opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edgewood, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

I have been working at Smiths Detection

Pros

Great products that really make a difference.

I've had lots of oppotunities. I've filled the roles of embedded software developer, application developer, project manager, software department manager and now director of technology.

I feel I'm able to make a difference to the company and my staff. Senior management listens to me and takes my ideas seriously.

I've travelled the world!

Cons

Extremely difficult to hire new staff and unable to pay staff adquately.

Cross-cultural teams are difficult in that different sites are very skeptical of each other.

Worked to death sometimes!

Communicate more with employees. Try to focus the product development effort more. We can't do everything with just a few people. What we do we must do well!

Waiste of 3 years of my life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Smiths Detection

Pros

Compensation is average, benefits are OK. Work environment is casual. Many employees can work from home or have flex hours. Office space is new and very nice.

Cons

There is a favorotism toward certain employees. It seems it is the only way to get a promotion is if you "know" someone. There have not been any end of the year bonuses and raises for over 2 years. Top management uses world's bad economy as a reason for not giving any bonuses and raises but received bonuses themselves.

Top management is out of touch. The employees have spoken this year, most of the problems could be fixed with return of a bonus and end of the year raise. Otherwise there will be a mass exodus when the job market improves.

There are newer employer reviews for Smiths Detection

Worked for Smiths Detection? Contribute to the Community!