Smithsonian

www.si.edu

Research Assistant-Intern

Pros

The Smithsonian offered many opportunities for personal exploration and growth. It was an incredible opportunity to work in such a strong institution around so many great minds. There were many behind-the-scene tours that allowed for rare glimpses into the day to day jobs of the institution.

Cons

The only downside was that I was the only intern in my department. I did not feel as though I grew as strong a connection to the other interns, but I did grow a valuable and lasting relationship with my mentor!

Other reviews for Smithsonian

Retail at Smithsonian Enterprises (Museum Stores)

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Washington, DC

Pros

Good Environment, decent pay, good location, transportation compensation, health benefits for permanent employees, there are many opportunities for part time summer job seekers,

Cons

Summer late nights till 8:30pm, no holidays off except Christmas, work weekends, work schedule may change periodically,

The upper management should spend more time speaking with store employees at all levels and find out more about how the day to day operations work on a practical basis instead of how things should work in theory.

Excellent learning experience as an intern at the Smithsonian.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Hands on experience working with priceless artifacts that the Institution houses.

Cons

Not as well organized as it seems from the outside. Many things get lost in the shuffle.

Clean out the "basement". In other words, hire more people to work on the large collections that the Institution owns.

There are newer employer reviews for Smithsonian.

Worked for Smithsonian? Contribute to the Community!