Smithsonian
www.si.edu Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Research Assistant-Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Smithsonian offered many opportunities for personal exploration and growth. It was an incredible opportunity to work in such a strong institution around so many great minds. There were many behind-the-scene tours that allowed for rare glimpses into the day to day jobs of the institution.

ConsThe only downside was that I was the only intern in my department. I did not feel as though I grew as strong a connection to the other interns, but I did grow a valuable and lasting relationship with my mentor!

Retail at Smithsonian Enterprises (Museum Stores)

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Smithsonian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Environment, decent pay, good location, transportation compensation, health benefits for… Cons: Summer late nights till 8:30pm, no holidays off except Christmas,… Advice to Senior Management: The upper management should spend more time speaking with store employees at all levels and find out more about… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent learning experience as an intern at the Smithsonian.

Intern (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Smithsonian as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Hands on experience working with priceless artifacts that the Institution… Cons: Not as well organized as it seems from the outside.… Advice to Senior Management: Clean out the "basement". In other words, hire more people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Smithsonian.

Worked for Smithsonian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smithsonian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smithsonian CEO Wayne Clough. All reviews posted anonymously by Smithsonian employees.