Great Smokes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Smokin Joes

Pros

you get free smokes, it's got the same name as me, the owner is great and I think everyone has a really good attitude.

Cons

They only give one bathroom break a day, and that's pretty hard after you finish a smoke. But on the flip side you can smoke.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. More cons than pros

Current Intern - Cashier in Sanborn, NY
    Current Intern - Cashier in Sanborn, NY

I have been working at Smokin Joes as an intern (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very laid back, good coworkers, Great customers

Cons

If you are not part of the manager's click, it doesn't matter how much and how hard you work, or how excellent your customer service skills are. You will be treated poorly. From what I have seen, sexual harassment, as well as other illegal treatment, is ok and even laughed and joked about! Don't bother to find someone in higher management or HR to talk to about Any problems, because it will either be brushed aside or ignored completely. I do not blame Joe A. but I do blame the one's that know what is and has been going on and do Nothing. Communication is nonexistent and it's always someone else's fault. For many of us that have worked there for so long, continue to deal with this treatment and mismanagement and NOT A THING gets heard or fixed!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ones that think they can treat people any way they want and know that there is no repercussions, otherwise I'm sure the harassment and poor treatment will go even further than it already has.

Expect do do all the corporate work for minimum wage and work hours you aren't payed for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyalusing, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyalusing, PA

I have been working at Smokin Joes part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers, nice clientele.

Cons

They pay minimum wage and expect their employees to do all the book keeping, inventory, lottery tracking, etc. They expect their employees to get to work 30 minutes early (mornings) and not get paid for that time. You need to be there at 7:15 but can't punch in until 7:45. Also, for minimum wage you are required to sweep, mop, clean and restock the entire store. The paperwork is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Offer a decent salary and your turnover rate and competency would greatly improve. Hire a book keeper so your minimum wage employees don't have to do the work for you....... for free.