Smoothie King
www.smoothieking.com Metairie, LA 50 to 149 Employees

I'll miss it

Team Member (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsBoss was friendly and easy to work with.
The co-workers that I was scheduled to work with made work bearable because we were all team players.
The location was new and so everyone was trained for about a week.
Free smoothie each day scheduled for work.

ConsHow hard and dedicated you are isn't nearly enough acknowledged.
Employer would beat around the bush too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring too many people all at once isn't fair to current employees since that means less hours for everyone. It would of been nice if you were straight up and said that I was being let go rather than that I was being put on call and continuing this for a month until I'm told by someone else that I was laid off, by your words. :-(
First, after working my third week there I was being put on call because of the weather which meant slow business, and then when I call up when the weather has been hotter than ever (perfect for business) he still refused to give me hours. Then three weeks later I'm told by someone else that my boss said that I've been laid off.

Pay your employees for christ's sake!

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Smoothie King full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun, energetic work environment geared toward healthy individuals. Cons: Incentive programs cut such as mystery shops where employees could earn 100$ based on their score. Payroll checks bounced, didn't get the… Advice to Senior Management: PAY EMPLOYEES ON TIME, increase employee incentives, more workers at one time, corporate needs a more active role within franchises to ensure administrative duties are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Enjoyable and fun work atmosphere.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Richardson, TX

I worked at Smoothie King part-time for less than a year

Pros: Free Smoothies, and easy work. Cons: Inconsistent work schedule and occasionally co-workers may miss shifts last… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Smoothie King.

Worked for Smoothie King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smoothie King reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smoothie King CEO Wan Kim. All reviews posted anonymously by Smoothie King employees.