Snap-on

www.snapon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on

Salesman

I have been working at Snap-on

Pros

flexible working hours and pay

Cons

low pay for those unwilling to work more gthen 40 hours

look into new commers

72 Other Employee Reviews for Snap-on (View Most Recent)

Contract Labor - Crytstal Lake

Current Employee - Don't Know in Crystal Lake, IL
    Current Employee - Don't Know in Crystal Lake, IL

I have been working at Snap-on as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Seems to be a true commitment to making Snap-on a good place to work. It seems very genuine.

They treat the contract labor almost as well as the employees. Server went down one day and they had us do cleaning and then sent us home 4 hours early but paid us for 8. I can see doing that for employees, but they did it with the contract workers, too! Amazing. That's putting your money where your mouth is.

Nice, well equipped cafeteria (Ice, condiments, many CLEAN microwaves and refrigerators). They even provide 8 PCs with internet access that you can use on breaks/lunch. I think they even subsidize some of the vending machines-- coffee for 30 cents?

Nice, clean restrooms and locker rooms.

They provide more than adequate provisions for smokers. But the smokers don't appreciate it by using trash cans and receptacles.

On very hot days they will sometimes drop off a huge cooler of Gatorade-- I consider that over and above.

The Crystal Lake facility is well run. Almost everyone is pleasant and helpful. Contract and employees seem dedicated to the company. It feels like you're working for a large, privately owned family company.

The CL warehouse is company owned- not leased, so it will probably be there forever if not expanded. You can see which locations are owned/leased in the Company's annual report.

Cons

Poor communication for new employees. You sometimes find out about work policies and procedures and meetings and overtime requirements from your coworkers.

Performance issues are sometimes addressed vaguely in a group setting. You need to guess if the problem applies to you or not-- I'd rather be confronted directly and specifically-- I am not psychic.

As a contract employee, the pay is low and there are no benefits-- but it's a foot in the door and you knew what the deal was when you signed on here.

Zero tolerence on Safety Violations-- you don't get a warning-- you get fired.

I was told it could take years to get hired on, if at all.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As employees we are allowed to challenge the status quo. Snap-on allows us to think for ourselves and to bring new ideas to the table. Management seems to take the time to listen to our concerns.

Cons

The only con to me is the drive.

Keep listening to the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on