There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on

Challenging and Rewarding Place to Work

Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at Snap-on full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay & benefits; excellent training programs. Set your own schedule.

Cons

Extensive travel, long hours, poor family/work balance. Too great amount of politics involved in personnel management and promotions. Promotions are very difficult.

Regional managers have too much power regarding the hiring and firing of Regional FPT management. Management is more concerned about documenting activities that (aren't actually) are occurring then the actual success of the Franchisees. CYA environment!

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent Place to Work

I have been working at Snap-on full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Snap-on has great people that I do enjoy working for. They take care of their people and it is one of the reasons I've stayed with the company. They strive to coninually improve processes an I appreciate the corporate support in continually refining procedures and any issues that may arise.

Cons

Org structure confuses sometimes. Communication doesn't always flow as it should. Some are just better at it than others it seems.

Ask yourself is this meeting necessary and then ask if everyone absolutely has to be there. Keep asking your employees for ideas and information and continue to value those opinions, they are shooting you straight!

2. A good sales job if you can get the right accounts.

I worked at Snap-on

Pros

A lot of help and tools (no pun intended) at your disposal to help grow your business.

Cons

Getting strated and settled is a major undertaking. The company does not not provide important internal or external contacts so it is very much learn as you go.

There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on