There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on

They have done everything possible to limit my income when I became a top sales person in the field.

Current Employee - Independent Sale Representative  in  Poway, CA
Current Employee - Independent Sale Representative in Poway, CA

I have been working at Snap-on full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You set your own working hours. Mine are 5:30 AM to 8:00 pm

Cons

Raise my objective 185% because I was told I was paid to much last year.

Don't have finance be in charge of your sales force. Don't have someone who is a short timer running a division only to make numbers off the back of their sales team. When they are gone your sales team that is left will be worthless.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Snap-on (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer in Houston, TX

I worked at Snap-on full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Snap-on tools, Inc. is a strong brand name, with good benefits and a ninety plus year history in the blue collar tool industry, offers a sense of economic security to its employees.

Cons

Recently. Micro management at various division levels is leading to discontinuity and falling sales quotas for employees in the Diagnostics and information Group.The initial new hire training environment is loose and not focused on successfully launching new hires in the diagnostics division. Ever changing sales agendas takes away the time allocated towards achieving your compensation goal as originally outlined.

Field marketing

Current Employee - Sales Developer  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Developer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Snap-on as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

They make decent equipment for shops, but do not present a threat to the various competitors selling the major part of the market in the larger equipment category.

Cons

They have a major lack of service for the equipment, this is where they tend to lose most of the battles in the streets.

When you learn how to market your equipment in the field the sky could be the limit and the competitors would then be concerned. Until then you will remain a supplier of good tool truck tools,but will continue to remain but a mere fractional supplier of the larger equipment needed in today's service shop user environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on

Worked for Snap-on? Contribute to the Community!