Snap-on

There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on

Buggy Software

Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer
Former Employee - Diagnostics Sales Developer

I worked at Snap-on full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule, insurance, commission on ShopKey

Cons

80 hr workweek, irate customers ( due to buggy software Verus/Verdict ). No raise in 4 years.

respect the sales reps

68 Other Employee Reviews for Snap-on (View Most Recent)

Poor communication Crystal Lake warehouse

Former Employee - Order Processing in Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Order Processing in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Snap-on as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Fairly simple work. There is good music playing all day in the warehouse.

Cons

Terrible communication, hours fluctuate daily, little-to-no oversight.

There is a pre-shift meeting daily in the cafeteria to discuss what the work day looks like. That is great in theory, but the execution of these meetings are laughable. They are held in the cafeteria where there are literally a half dozen TVs blaring at full blast. I'm sitting ten feet away from the supervisor, and I cannot make out what he's saying. 2/3 of the time I was really unsure of what I was supposed to be doing after these "meetings" and I had to ask everyday. The supervisors don't seem very interested in anything other than sitting in their office all day staring at their computer screens. I found them to be very disengaged from the employees.

They also decide day to day if there is going to be mandatory overtime or not. I suppose I understand the workflow varies quite a bit, but if you have to maintain a set schedule for whatever reason, family or whatever, forget about it. The schedule literally changes during the course of the day. You go in expecting to work a normal 8 hour day, then suddenly they
     decide on the day that everyone has to work 2 hours of overtime. The work itself is clearly not evenly distributed among the employees. Some pickers/packers are stuck with huge orders while others have very small ones, and it's the employees themselves who can actually cherry-pick if they want what orders to take.

I knew after a few days that this place would not be for me. Luckily, I was able to get a much better job in every respect. I gave SnapOn a 2 week notice during midweek. I finished that week out. I was prepared to see the 2 weeks through, but was called the following Monday and told to not come in anymore. I wasn't bothered so much because I have a great job waiting for me. The only bad thing is the lost income for those 2 weeks, but that is the trade-off.

The employees here are made up of a combination of kids currently in school, retirees, and kids who maybe didn't get that far in school. So, I guess that speaks for itself. This job was a stop-gap for me, and thankfully the period of time there was short.

There has to be better communication.

Very Nice Company to work for

Current Employee - SQL Developer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - SQL Developer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Snap-on as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very Nice people and Managers

Cons

Hard to get in a permanent (full time) position

There are newer employer reviews for Snap-on