There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen my career take shape while working at SnapLogic. Working with A players, you have to step your game up and this experience has taken my game to the next level. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and companies in the world. From attending meetings at Andreessen Horowotiz to working with partners like Amazon, Box, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Splunk, SAP, Twitter, ServiceNow, to customers like GE, Target, Dannon, Experian, Pandora, TOMS Shoes, Newscorp, AMEX, ING and others, I've expanded my network and also had a chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud computing and SaaS.

Along those lines, SnapLogic has a work hard, play hard mantra. You can even bring your pets and/or your kinds into work! We have an open bar, happy (snappy) hour every friday, lots of basketball shooting competitions, robot wars, nerf gun fights and free meals but we support our teammates to the fullest. Even if that means working nights and weekends. Everyone is bought into one common mission and is working towards a single goal. The executive team is very seasoned and the investors are top notch. Free benefits!!

Working at a start up is a gamble but joining this start up was a no brainer. Since the rise of Cloud applications is now becoming a reality, Enterprises are looking for a new modern solution that fits this hybrid world. Software is eating the world and SnapLogic is smack in the middle of it. These types of opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

Cons

Its a start up. You are going to wear many hats and works lots of hours. You dont always get to finish projects you start on. This type of environment isn't for everyone and I've seen people get burned out. Needs a better marketing presence to take advantage of a market that is ready to move to the cloud.

Take advantage of your talent. Give them more responsibility and promote from within.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team.

21 Other Employee Reviews for SnapLogic (View Most Recent)

Fast paced and exciting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high visibility
    face pace and cutting edge technology
    great talent
    fun perks

Cons

still trying to establish itself as a key player in the game
    numerous new members of core leadership team so hard to gage longer term success plan

continue to develop a culture of elasticity, scalability and accountability

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Incompetence is the Company's Own Worst Enemy

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive Salary
    Great perks: 100% paid health insurance, in-house lunch several times per week, happy hour every Friday
    Majority of employees are very talented experts in their fields

Cons

Very negative, hostile work environment
    While cash comp is good, the company is very stingy with equity and ownership
    Seniority is valued over merit - the company has an extremely high employee churn rate
    Regular rounds of mass firings
    A-List talent doesn't stick around for very long
    Opaque, secretive Exec Team
    Exec Team spends more time in planning meetings than getting things done
    Frequent yelling matches behind closed doors
    Personal agendas and subterfuge are the rule not the exception
    Incompetent and dictatorial top-down management style
    Managers seem like they're always angry and stressed out
    No real opportunity for advancement. Many employees feel stuck in their jobs.

Give your employees respect and encouragement rather than a browbeating; you may see better results.

There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic