SnapLogic

www.snaplogic.com
  www.snaplogic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

Great Company to work for and a very exciting space

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

21 Other Employee Reviews for SnapLogic (View Most Recent)

What a shame

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Corporate headquarters in vibrant San Mateo
    - A few talented engineers
    - Free food

Cons

What really sunk this company ignited when they let go a very popular and effective VP Sales. Then the CEO and VP Field Opers took over Sales, both of whom never carried a bag. Both could only draw from experiences at Informatica, during the dot com era when virtually any average salesperson could do well. Their management since then has been nothing short of disastrous. They couldn't understand long sales cycles, how every customer wanted the technology proven via POC, nor could they understand why POC's never resulted in sales because the product was just plain shoddy. The product barely does what every other integration product has done since the late 1990's, thus no differentiation. The piece they had that enabled cloud integration did not perform. Couple that with a disinterest in marketing and lead gen and you have poor new license revenue growth. To make matters worse, they brought in totally laughable mid-level sales managers who breed resentment and incompetence. Thus a major exodus has transpired, from almost all of sales to senior execs in development, finance, legal and HR. Rumor has it that the VC's have stopped funding and they are operating under a bank loan. Time to find a buyer…

Time to move on. You should have brought in leaders that new how to thrive in this new era of technology. Stop calling yourself a startup, you've been in business since 2006 and have had several failed business models, including this one.

Bombs Away.....Hope for a quick Sale....

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very difficult to think of any tangible pros.

The Pay is 'ok' and at the low end market average
    The benefits are ok, and fully paid (employee only)
    Option grants are ok and at low Average for this type/age of Start-up
    Corporate office Bennies (free food, snacks, Beverages, Booze on Fridays at Happy Hour) are pretty typical for a Sil Valley company, nothing special but nice to have. (Meaningless to Field Employees)
    Some very smart and dedicated people, (but these are few, and are fleeing fast)
    Decent VC backing, but they are becoming
    A good Product base, the premise behind the platform is sound, and unique in this space.

Cons

1. Very poor leadership, no direction is given and everything (sales, ops, Eng) is in desperation mode.
    2. The best talent (sales, Eng etc) is leaving as fast as they can
    3. The product is half baked at best, and the new version is no where near ready (was forced out too soon by management, with no plan how to get existing customers upgraded, and its also lacking significant functionality available in the previous version)
    4. Leadership takes the attitude that if your not happy here then quit.
    5. The mantra is 'we are a start up, deal with it' is repeated ad nausea, constructive criticism from the rank and file is at best given lip service, and typically ignored all together.
    6. Product is priced way above the market., Ego at the leadership level wont change to meet market conditions.
    7. Lack of any type of repeatability or long term strategy in Sales.
    8. Some serious Ego without results in Sales and Leadership
    9. No marketing. You cant sell what people dont know about.
    10. Company reacts to criticism by placing forced fake reviews on Glassdoor (its obvious to everyone)
    11. Tremendous trun-over in Sales leads to constant new sales team ramp and further delays any type of repeatable go to market wins
    12. Mid level managers are either petty tyrants or completely incompetent, no direction or transparency to the rank and file.
    13. A very crowded and mature space, (integration) with no real strategy or plan how to deferentiate the offering and win customers.
    14. Lack of repeatability and sales means burn rate is high and VC funding is hard to come by.

Too little too late is clearly not going to save you. A year ago you might have a had a chance, best you can hope for now is a larger player to scoop you up.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. We acknowledge our flaws and look to always develop a positive and engaging work environment. We ... More

There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic