SnapLogic

www.snaplogic.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

What a shame

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Corporate headquarters in vibrant San Mateo
- A few talented engineers
- Free food

Cons

What really sunk this company ignited when they let go a very popular and effective VP Sales. Then the CEO and VP Field Opers took over Sales, both of whom never carried a bag. Both could only draw from experiences at Informatica, during the dot com era when virtually any average salesperson could do well. Their management since then has been nothing short of disastrous. They couldn't understand long sales cycles, how every customer wanted the technology proven via POC, nor could they understand why POC's never resulted in sales because the product was just plain shoddy. The product barely does what every other integration product has done since the late 1990's, thus no differentiation. The piece they had that enabled cloud integration did not perform. Couple that with a disinterest in marketing and lead gen and you have poor new license revenue growth. To make matters worse, they brought in totally laughable mid-level sales managers who breed resentment and incompetence. Thus a major exodus has transpired, from almost all of sales to senior execs in development, finance, legal and HR. Rumor has it that the VC's have stopped funding and they are operating under a bank loan. Time to find a buyer…

Time to move on. You should have brought in leaders that new how to thrive in this new era of technology. Stop calling yourself a startup, you've been in business since 2006 and have had several failed business models, including this one.

22 Other Employee Reviews for SnapLogic (View Most Recent)

Bombs Away.....Hope for a quick Sale....

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very difficult to think of any tangible pros.

The Pay is 'ok' and at the low end market average
    The benefits are ok, and fully paid (employee only)
    Option grants are ok and at low Average for this type/age of Start-up
    Corporate office Bennies (free food, snacks, Beverages, Booze on Fridays at Happy Hour) are pretty typical for a Sil Valley company, nothing special but nice to have. (Meaningless to Field Employees)
    Some very smart and dedicated people, (but these are few, and are fleeing fast)
    Decent VC backing, but they are becoming
    A good Product base, the premise behind the platform is sound, and unique in this space.

Cons

1. Very poor leadership, no direction is given and everything (sales, ops, Eng) is in desperation mode.
    2. The best talent (sales, Eng etc) is leaving as fast as they can
    3. The product is half baked at best, and the new version is no where near ready (was forced out too soon by management, with no plan how to get existing customers upgraded, and its also lacking significant functionality available in the previous version)
    4. Leadership takes the attitude that if your not happy here then quit.
    5. The mantra is 'we are a start up, deal with it' is repeated ad nausea, constructive criticism from the rank and file is at best given lip service, and typically ignored all together.
    6. Product is priced way above the market., Ego at the leadership level wont change to meet market conditions.
    7. Lack of any type of repeatability or long term strategy in Sales.
    8. Some serious Ego without results in Sales and Leadership
    9. No marketing. You cant sell what people dont know about.
    10. Company reacts to criticism by placing forced fake reviews on Glassdoor (its obvious to everyone)
    11. Tremendous trun-over in Sales leads to constant new sales team ramp and further delays any type of repeatable go to market wins
    12. Mid level managers are either petty tyrants or completely incompetent, no direction or transparency to the rank and file.
    13. A very crowded and mature space, (integration) with no real strategy or plan how to deferentiate the offering and win customers.
    14. Lack of repeatability and sales means burn rate is high and VC funding is hard to come by.

Too little too late is clearly not going to save you. A year ago you might have a had a chance, best you can hope for now is a larger player to scoop you up.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. We acknowledge our flaws and look to always develop a positive and engaging work environment. We ... More

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen my career take shape while working at SnapLogic. Working with A players, you have to step your game up and this experience has taken my game to the next level. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and companies in the world. From attending meetings at Andreessen Horowotiz to working with partners like Amazon, Box, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Splunk, SAP, Twitter, ServiceNow, to customers like GE, Target, Dannon, Experian, Pandora, TOMS Shoes, Newscorp, AMEX, ING and others, I've expanded my network and also had a chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud computing and SaaS.

Along those lines, SnapLogic has a work hard, play hard mantra. You can even bring your pets and/or your kinds into work! We have an open bar, happy (snappy) hour every friday, lots of basketball shooting competitions, robot wars, nerf gun fights and free meals but we support our teammates to the fullest. Even if that means working nights and weekends. Everyone is bought into one common mission and is working towards a single goal. The executive team is very seasoned and the investors are top notch. Free benefits!!

Working at a start up is a gamble but joining this start up was a no brainer. Since the rise of Cloud applications is now becoming a reality, Enterprises are looking for a new modern solution that fits this hybrid world. Software is eating the world and SnapLogic is smack in the middle of it. These types of opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

Cons

Its a start up. You are going to wear many hats and works lots of hours. You dont always get to finish projects you start on. This type of environment isn't for everyone and I've seen people get burned out. Needs a better marketing presence to take advantage of a market that is ready to move to the cloud.

Take advantage of your talent. Give them more responsibility and promote from within.

SnapLogic Response