There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

The technology platform is great, but the company has execution problems.

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding integration platform - best architecture for enterprise cloud integration. The technology is extremely scalable and open to extension for enterprises, while being extremely easy to use. No real competition for enterprise grade cloud integration.

Cons

Company has ongoing execution issues which prevent it from getting repeatable sales. Sr. Mgmt does not actively promote cross-functional communications, and operates from a top-down, command and control style. The company veers from crisis to crisis in a transactional manner, so its difficult for each function to scale and get efficient.

Advice to Management

Focus on the mid-market so the functional groups can become efficient as compared to reactionary.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company to work for and a very exciting space

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

What a shame

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Corporate headquarters in vibrant San Mateo
    - A few talented engineers
    - Free food

Cons

What really sunk this company ignited when they let go a very popular and effective VP Sales. Then the CEO and VP Field Opers took over Sales, both of whom never carried a bag. Both could only draw from experiences at Informatica, during the dot com era when virtually any average salesperson could do well. Their management since then has been nothing short of disastrous. They couldn't understand long sales cycles, how every customer wanted the technology proven via POC, nor could they understand why POC's never resulted in sales because the product was just plain shoddy. The product barely does what every other integration product has done since the late 1990's, thus no differentiation. The piece they had that enabled cloud integration did not perform. Couple that with a disinterest in marketing and lead gen and you have poor new license revenue growth. To make matters worse, they brought in totally laughable mid-level sales managers who breed resentment and incompetence. Thus a major exodus has transpired, from almost all of sales to senior execs in development, finance, legal and HR. Rumor has it that the VC's have stopped funding and they are operating under a bank loan. Time to find a buyer…

Advice to Management

Time to move on. You should have brought in leaders that new how to thrive in this new era of technology. Stop calling yourself a startup, you've been in business since 2006 and have had several failed business models, including this one.