Snowbird

www.snowbird.com
  www.snowbird.com
There are newer employer reviews for Snowbird

Great people, great environment.

I have been working at Snowbird

Pros

Great lifestyle. The best skiing anywhere. Unbelievable environment, near a large metro area (live in the city and work and play in the mountains).

Cons

The hospitality/tourism business comes with its challenges. There are seasonal fluxctuations in business levels. Went it's busy, it's very busy. During the off season periods there can be alot of off time from work. Time off is not always during traditional periods, as holidays and weekends are the busiest times.

Your employees are your most valuable asset. Make sure they get the training and respect they need and deserve!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Snowbird (View Most Recent)

Amazing Resort

I worked at Snowbird

Pros

Snowbird is an amazing ski resort. The skiing is unbelievable, and the perks are great. It is a beautiful place to work.

Cons

Snowbird is an amazing ski resort, but not a good place to have a career. Management is inflexible and not innovative. There is not much opportunity for advancement and growth.

There are a large and diverse talent pool coming to work at your resort each season, take advantage of their enthusiasm and listen to their ideas.

pretty good experience

Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Snowbird, UT
    Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Snowbird, UT

I worked at Snowbird full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros are obvious: steep, deep, huge amounts of terrain. The mountain school is a well run operation with clear expectations and decent pay. I enjoyed 2 years there but thought I would try something new.

Cons

Some complained of a corporate atmosphere but I don't know what this means other than having to show up on time and clean shaven (even on that there is some leeway if they like you). It's probably harder to move up the hierarchy than at smaller less professional organizations, but if you get your level 2 cert and are a good instructor you will advance pretty quickly. The organization seems to lack vision but they have spent and invested quite a lot the last few years. The pay isn't quite as good as Park City, but who cares? The biggest con for me was probably living in Salt Lake City when I would probably prefer a mountain town.

There are newer employer reviews for Snowbird