There are newer employer reviews for Snyder's-Lance

No room for growth at all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Snyder's-Lance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weekly paycheck and access to snacks

Cons

My experience at Lance has been one of great disappointment. I have found that there is no room whatsoever for advancement. I have trained people with less work experience than I and they have been successful in advancing in positions that I applied and qualified for, but were not available to me. I have been told that I did not have the right experience, but the people that were hired for the positions had similar or less experience than me. My work experience, education, and training means nothing.

Do some internal investigation on the diversity of positions in Columbus, Georgia.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Snyder's-Lance (View Most Recent)

Potential for greatness was lost post merger

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Snyder's-Lance

Pros

People from Lance were great to work with.
    Charlotte is a great place to live

Cons

Snyder's management and personnel. Lost focus, trying to do too many things still and nothing is being done well.

Dave Singer has disappeared and let the company go down hill since the merger. He was on the path to creating a great company but now since the merger it has been downhill and the people are frustrated and unhappy. It used to be a place where your opinion mattered, now it is a place where your opinion is given to you.

SLAVE

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Snyder's-Lance

Pros

Independence somewhat, work alone, meet great people, sheltered from weather mostly, great products, relaxed clothing policy, hire mostly good people

Cons

Owners are responsible for ALL expenses and do not make enough to pay all of these and still make a living. Hours are long 10-14 a day 6 days per week. Owning a business that does not pay owner good after expenses is very stressful. No benefits. Basically it is legal slavery.

Pay enough so that people will want to work their routes and don't mind working long hours like UPS or Fed Ex. Provide a benefits pool from the owners with great benefits, further ensuring that they want to stay selling for company. Show appreciation for what they do. Don't lie about the pay when they interview. People are giving up good paying jobs with good benefits to work at Snyder's and then find out they can not afford to work there. In this economy, they are then unemployed and losing their property.

There are newer employer reviews for Snyder's-Lance