Sobeys
www.sobeys.com Stellarton, Canada 5000+ Employees

Good only if you are on managements special side

Grocery Assistant (Current Employee)
Rothesay, NB (Canada)

ProsThe wages are competitive and it is hard to find anything better without a degree or trade. You can easily make new friends with coworkers.

ConsManagement is not positive enough. They are overly critical towards their night crew. The night guys are the hardest physical workers in store and they often keep expecting more than what is humanly possible. They need to give more hours to do the job and maybe offer more reward incentive when doing a good job. It is hard to keep great workers when they don't feel positively engaged. High levels of stress are felt too frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some sort of appreciation events/opportunities for over night workers who are unable to attend any similar events during the daytime. Working over night is very hard and it is discouraging to not feel as appreciated within the organisation.

Interesting

I have been working at Sobeys

Pros: Large growing employer, varied job types Great place to get experience… Cons: Regional model creates challenges to optimize Processes Very hard to find… Advice to Senior Management: Advance process harmonization efforts Better training for management team on performance feedback and employee… More

I have had a pretty good experience, not without its negatives, but generally I really like the people I work with.

Office Clerk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sobeys

Pros: The managers I work under are great! I have no problem communicating with them, and my schedule is quite flexible, seeing I have a… Cons: I am sure as to any major chain store, that these negatives will generally be the same. We do not have a set pay scale,… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be for those at head office to give us little people some slack, and maybe a little more notice to any changes… More
There are newer reviews on Sobeys.

Worked for Sobeys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sobeys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sobeys CEO Marc Poulin. All reviews posted anonymously by Sobeys employees.