Sobeys
www.sobeys.com Stellarton, Canada 5000+ Employees

Ok for someone who doesn't want to take post secondary

I have been working at Sobeys

ProsIf you dont want to continue your education past high school, becoming a department manager at a sobeys isn't a terrible way to go. I chose school, but the opportunity was there for me to take a position as a seafood manager.

ConsNot alot of freedom, and there are some very foolish policies handed down from head office that you MUST follow(same I'm sure with plenty of places). Experience will vary greatly from store to store.

Great employer

Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Sobeys

Pros: Sobeys is a friendly place to work, with good managers… Cons: Hard to get 32 hr and often less, health benefits… Advice to Senior Management: you turn over many many people after great training because… More

Enjoyed working here...provided lots of opportunity to learn

Retail Accountant (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Sobeys full-time for more than a year

Pros: provided plenty of opportunities to learn Cons: Was sometimes tedious with similar work schedule every month Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sobeys.

Worked for Sobeys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sobeys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sobeys CEO Marc Poulin. All reviews posted anonymously by Sobeys employees.