Socalgas

www.socalgas.com
  www.socalgas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Socalgas

ok so far

I have been working at Socalgas

Pros

stable job to have at times like these

Cons

bad management at my base

35 Other Employee Reviews for Socalgas (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Auto Meter Technician in South Gate, CA
    Current Employee - Auto Meter Technician in South Gate, CA

I have been working at Socalgas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay once you are a full timer. Definitely will put your in the middle class

Cons

Company is very structured and that structure can vary greatly from base to base

Excellent Internship Program with opportunities to move up

Current Employee - Senior Energy Efficiency in Downey, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Energy Efficiency in Downey, CA

I have been working at Socalgas as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

This company is family-oriented with strong values and a commitment to investing in its employees.
    As an intern, I was treated with the same respect as all the other full time employees, some of whom have been with the company for 40+ years! I have been entrusted with a good amount of responsibilities, not what you'd typically think of as an intern. There are also numerous opportunities to take classes (online or in person) to enhance job skills and attain certifications.
    The amount of employees that are nearing retirement is substantial, meaning advancement is likely if you're good at what you do.
    My direct supervisor is by far the best boss I've every had. She is flexible with my work hours and time off.

Cons

Too conservative. I understand that a utility won't be as cutting-edge as some of the other industries out there, but if conservative values are slowing down innovation and necessary change, then these ideals should be re-evaluated.
    The size of the company also means that it takes a long time to get things done. For example, if you're trying to propose a new program, you may wait months to pitch the idea, and not see results for years.
    Hard to get benefits for part-time employees.

Extend benefits package to part-time employees/interns. The package could be at a discounted rate.

There are newer employer reviews for Socalgas