Société Générale
www.societegenerale.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Back-Office Securities Fixed Income

Analyst - Operations (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Société Générale

ProsManager nice, and people are great. Everyone gets along. Benefits are good, not the worst hour, get out around 5:30 or 6, depending on the day.

ConsAbsolutely no career path. Higher Management blocks you if you want to move internally or develop your career. Only way to advance is to leave the company and come back in a higher position. They have just capped the salary threshold, which is bad news, because they do not judge on quality of work, but on politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees more. Do more cross training. Communicate changes. Promote within and judge on quality of work, not face time. Stop the politics.

Good place to work- if you are French

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Société Générale

Pros: Lots of flexibility and independence given to employees (mostly due to the managers being… Cons: It is not unusual for management positions to be given to persons who have no real experience or banking knowledge...solely on the basis of their… Advice to Senior Management: Try to foster an environment where all employees feel as if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

when I join in 2003 it was much better, situation is getting worse year after year

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Société Générale

Pros: good support teams - clear separation between the different entities Cons: no career evolution except if you masterize power point -… Advice to Senior Management: "fighting back" is a bunch of password policies and lead to a general suspicion of every… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Société Générale.

Worked for Société Générale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Société Générale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Société Générale CEO Frédéric Oudéa. All reviews posted anonymously by Société Générale employees.