Loved working here!

Former Intern - Social Media Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Intern - Social Media Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at SocialKaty as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at SK really make everything worth it. Everyone's general attitude is to help each other. Upper management makes sure that employees don't give you mindless tasks. The internship is highly educational, and used as a recruiting/initiating process for the company. "Learning Fridays" provides continuing education for employees

Cons

There is no place for employees to talk on the phone with clients, so you constantly get shushed, even though it is lunch time and you are in the lunch room (which is not enclosed). Poor communication from upper management regarding when clients leave. Interns have to bring their own computers. Seems like there is a general disconnect between what upper management wants and what employees want.

Advice to Management

Be more approachable.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great learning environment and fun to come into work each day!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SocialKaty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are smart, motivated, creative, and all extremely hard workers. It makes coming into work each day very rewarding to know that you're part of a top notch team. The openness of the office is also great for collaborating and brainstorming amongst teams. Since I've been here, the office has doubled in size which is very exciting for being such a young company! Management is genuinely interested in keeping the team up to date with training and always being able to provide their clients with the highest quality of work.

Cons

Depending on your client, work loads can be heavy at times. Social media is always on, so you must always be aware of what's trending and how it could affect your client. I think this is something that makes the job exciting and different each day, but some people may get stressed with always being "on."

Advice to Management

Keep signing bigger and better clients!

2. A Culture That Breeds Creativity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SocialKaty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has an amazing culture that rewards hard work and sparks creativity. The organization's passion for the work and the clients we work with really made me fall in love with this company. Although there is always a lot going on, management does a great job balancing accounts, making sure account managers are not over booked, and all clients get proper time and attention. Senior managers are also effective at guiding my engagements and overseeing the work that I am doing. It is always great to have that team support. Finally, if you want to work in the social media industry you need to stay on the cutting edge. The frequent continued education is great for me to keep up with new trends, platforms, features, and techniques in the industry.

Cons

This is a fast paced agency environment where everyone has a good amount of responsibilities. If you are not organized, motivated, and passionate you will not be able to keep up. I actually like this type of structure, but it is definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in new and exciting clients!