Sodexo

www.sodexo.com
  www.sodexo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

Sodexo has potential to be great...

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

diversity and career advancement. The range of different kinds of people is amazing. All races, ages, religions, orientations really contribute to a great variety of perspectives

Cons

pay is low relative to similar jobs with other employers and expectation for significant overtime prevails pretty much across the organization.

Provide more information to Managers with regard to goals, client expectations and financial structure of account. As an example, I was never informed that I was eligible for a bonus. Senior Management seems to hold financial info very close to the vest. This is contrary to what they espouse on the company website.

364 Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo (View Most Recent)

Wrong Emphasis

Former Employee - District Manager Corporate Services in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager Corporate Services in Irving, TX

I worked at Sodexo

Pros

The opportunity to work independently. Believe me, you will be on your own spending the majority of your time putting out fires and defending your company from dissatisfied clients.

Cons

A company that places an emphasis on completing tasks that are internal rather than external. In other words, you will spend your time satisfying the need of the marketing department, sales department, finance department etc. etc. before addressing the needs of your clients.
    As a district manager, you will have 1 full time job answering to "Sodexo" and another full time job taking care of your client's needs.

Give the resources back to the most important people in the organization- the ones that deal with the clients.
    Reduce the demands placed on District Managers internally. The position should be about answering the needs of the clients so that business can be retained.

Sodexo, a clear leader in a clouded market.

Current Employee - Human Potential Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Potential Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sodexo

Pros

Committed to creating an environment where each individual is treated fairly and with respect. Sodexo spends lots of time and money training their managers and frontline employees on issues like diversity and inclusion, safety (physical and food), business acumen and life skills. I've worked with a lot of the competitors and have never seen any of those companies approach the level of commitment that Sodexo makes to developing their people.

Cons

Current state of the economy that impacts our business relationships with the clients and customers. There are always new challenges every day to create new solutions for and be ready to respond to the next business demand. Not everyone is suited for a fast paced business where creative, quick to market responses are the rule rather than the exception.

Continue to communicate to every level of the company and maintain the focus on "the main thing" each employee needs to know and influence.

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo