There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

Bad Management but Easy Job

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easiest job I have ever had, it is only about 4 hours worth of work in an 8 hour shift. I never see my boss since I am night shift, I do not have a lead to report to. Only see my boss once a week at most.

Cons

Was lied to during my interview, told it was going to be a 2nd shift job off weekends, instead to my surprise after training they changed my hours to 3rd shift and work weekends. I have to be there every weekend but none of the management ever is. Management made the schedules like this because they are too lazy to give people rotating weekends. Management is disengaged from the employees.

Treat employees with respect

334 Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo (View Most Recent)

a good learning opportunity of what i want, and dont want from a company

Former Employee - Grounds  in  Tuskegee, AL
    Former Employee - Grounds in Tuskegee, AL

I worked at Sodexo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn New things about ground maintenance

Cons

No Growth, Bad leadership, little pay

organize

You get back what you put in.

Current Employee - Sous Chef  in  Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to hone skills, stay on top of industry trends.
    Opportunities for advancement are there if you are willing to give 100%.
    Competitive pay for culinary professionals and managers.

There have been several negative reviews on this site, many of them stating that there are few opportunities for advancement within the ranks at Sodexo. However, it has been my experience that if you are willing to be at work, on time, every day, and give 100% of your effort, the opportunities are there. Management does notice and acknowledge employees who take initiative, and show an interest in advancing. Unfortunately, many employees are relatively unskilled and seem content to stay that way as long as they are collecting a paycheck. The fact is, supervisors and managers absolutely want entry and mid level employees to improve their skills and abilities, because in the long run, a better trained staff makes our jobs much easier while greatly improving customer satisfaction.
    This is definitely not a problem that is exclusive to Sodexo, I am sure that everywhere you find enrty level employees, you will find a few who don't exactly have the work ethic that you would hope for.

In short, I have worked at 5 accounts with Sodexo, beginning as an entry level cook, advancing to my current position as Sous Chef in a large, successful account with top notch food and customer service, and I have every intention of continuing along this path. Why? Because I am reliable, dependable, I take my work seriously, and I take the initiative to do whatever it takes to get the job done. If you aren't able to progress financially or otherwise within this company, perhaps a self evaluation would help you to find out what you need to do to take the next step.

Cons

Hours can be a little crazy and unpredictable, but the same goes for any position in this field.
    The health insurance is not the greatest considering the cost for a family plan.
    Units can sometimes be minimally staffed in the interest of cutting labor costs and overtime.

Try to put more emphasis in recruiting from culinary schools, etc.
    Try to better prepare our potential frontline employees so that they know how stressful and hectic this business can be. The culinary field is definitely not for everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

Worked for Sodexo? Contribute to the Community!