Sodexo

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

Good life/work balance

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Life/work balance, great business resource groups, the management is hands on and approachable.

Cons

Low pay, low increases with promotions. Not a lot of company sponsored team building events.

380 Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo (View Most Recent)

Left at the alter.

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Akron, OH

I worked at Sodexo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management talks a good talk. They talk a good talk, but don't walk the walk. Benefits sounded good . . . . They are great with false hope.

Cons

Management will not follow through. Promises are made and not kept. Complain of work not getting done, but when a plan is made they change the plan. No wonder it does not get done.

Would you want to be treated the way you treat your employees?

Frustrating

Current Employee - Chef Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chef Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

HUGE company. You can litarally work where ever you want to. As opposed to the "mom and pop" jobs, there are plenty of benefits and retirement options. The availabilty of personal help is also a plus with the Lifeworks website to help with addictions, coupons and countless other links.

Cons

If you're someone that hasn't worked at Sodexo before, you're pretty much guaranteed a job. Moving up the "corporate ladder" is way harder than serving 800 customers in a shift with only 4 employees. It's almost impossible! First, you have to get by the third party company that screens your resume (which is based on a point system). Then you have to get by the phone interview that ranges from a 2 minute conversation to a 5 question (30 minute) essay-like interview(that's based on a point system. Good luck getting to the phone interview. I put a resume in for a postion above me, a position I had before I had to leave, I COULDN'T EVEN GET AN INTERVIEW! How can I not get an interview with the same site I worked for?! When I asked my manager they replied "It's all up to the company that screens the resumes.." Needless to say I hope to not be a "current employee" here for long....

Remember where you came from years before you had the job you have now.

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo