Sodexo

www.sodexo.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

Sodexo is a good company because of it's Unit managers. Where is the support staff?

Current Employee - General Manager in South Houston, TX
Current Employee - General Manager in South Houston, TX

I have been working at Sodexo full-time

Pros

work Hours, no weekends of evenings

Cons

Upper management positions rarely posted....

Get out into the field and off the conference calls all day.

414 Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo (View Most Recent)

Bureaucratic but nice people

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Sodexo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very kind people, interesting exposure to French company.

Cons

Very slow moving. Much of the activity happens at dining sites, not corporate HQ.

Pay interns more.

Unfortunately appears to be on downward slide

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Sodexo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most times good people to work with in unit,education, reimbursement of professional dues and continuing education. Most clients are reasonable as long as effort to provide good service is shown.

Cons

Deletion of medical choices. Losing more contracts than retaining. Top heavy retain upper management above unit even though lost accounts. Outside unit condescending and rude,but no feedback ever obtained from those who must work with individual. Some believe privilege because in upper management so doesn't need to stay up to date with knowledge base and act as professional. Manager and District leadership political not best qualified

You're top heavy and need to reduce. Every area doesn't need VP,HR,support staff. Staff should be held accountable and when frontline staff in entire half of state lose jobs upper management should also go. Too many anyway. When contract will be lost have decency to tell employees instead of us finding our jobs advertised. Don't play with our lives holding us hostage by not releasing us for hire. Remember you get paid because we do actual work keeping client happy. Ask for input on area manager from those who must report to them as some area managers out of touch with current practice. Practice updates,but area managers do not know new information. Ask about communication methods as no staff should ever be sobbing due to treatment by manager during gold check. If account always gold they do not become failing 6 months later with no manager change. When contract is lost compensate people that've been on front line 10-20 years. People shouldn't lose 20 years of sick time. Severance packages should be provided as upper management has reaped benefits for years and I'm sure upper management receives severance. Be compassionate. What's wrong with telling a person good job? You provide nothing at birthday, holiday, or work anniversary. Consider it as as you might find employees are much happier. What do you receive in addition to massive bonuses?

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo