Sodexo USA

www.sodexo.jobs

Lived up to the general reputation of food services jobs

General Food Services Worker (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

ProsAs a part time student, I found the general manager willing to accomodate my needs regarding scheduling. My immediate supervisor was also respectful and easy to work with.

ConsThe biggest problem with this job, and the reason I decided to quit, was that the organizational structure and hierarchy were not properly adhered to. Several staff members who had higher positions than me but were not my supervisors took it upon themselves to offer unsolicited criticism of the way I did my work. Entry level food services positions are not rocket science, and since my supervisor and the general manager were not only pleased with my work but were closely involved (to the point of being nitpicky) in guiding me, I resented having coworkers second guessing me. Bureaucracy and micro-management thus made a job which could have been merely tedious quickly unbearable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop assigning so many mid-level titles to front-line staff members. In my experience, it gives too many people a free pass to treat co-workers condescendingly and undercuts the much more productive organizational structure that a team environment allows for.

Awesome Company to work for!!!

General Manager (Current Employee) Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros: Diversity Great Support from Upper Management Cons: High turnover with hourly staff Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall great company to work for.

Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros: Great benefits, great pay offers full health 401k moved up… Cons: Leadership is horrible unorganized work ethic they act like they… Advice to Senior Management: Learn communication skills try to relate to the employees instead… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sodexo USA.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!