Never missed a day, never late, over qualified for current position, 20 yr's plus exp. Got less than .50 c an hr raise!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros

It is a job, in this economic downturn, that says something. Some of the people are good to work with.

Cons

terrible pay, advancement opportunities are non existent for "over 40" employees.. phony and incorrect write up of tardies right before raise time. Initial pay offering and actual is incorrect.

Review overall efficiency of each location and reward by merit, instead of trying to find a way not to reward..

Other Reviews for Sodexo USA

Lived up to the general reputation of food services jobs

Former Employee - General Food Services Worker  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - General Food Services Worker in Framingham, MA

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

As a part time student, I found the general manager willing to accomodate my needs regarding scheduling. My immediate supervisor was also respectful and easy to work with.

Cons

The biggest problem with this job, and the reason I decided to quit, was that the organizational structure and hierarchy were not properly adhered to. Several staff members who had higher positions than me but were not my supervisors took it upon themselves to offer unsolicited criticism of the way I did my work. Entry level food services positions are not rocket science, and since my supervisor and the general manager were not only pleased with my work but were closely involved (to the point of being nitpicky) in guiding me, I resented having coworkers second guessing me. Bureaucracy and micro-management thus made a job which could have been merely tedious quickly unbearable.

Stop assigning so many mid-level titles to front-line staff members. In my experience, it gives too many people a free pass to treat co-workers condescendingly and undercuts the much more productive organizational structure that a team environment allows for.

Awesome Company to work for!!!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros

Diversity
    Great Support from Upper Management

Cons

High turnover with hourly staff

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo USA.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!