Patients and Residents are the heart of everything we do at Sodexo Health Care

Current Employee - Senior Director, Human Resources  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Senior Director, Human Resources in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Sodexo USA

Pros

I have worked for Sodexo for 25 years and would not consider any other contract management company. Our Patient and Resident experience drives how we view our work in the Health Care and Seniors divisions. The work culture makes the difference in how we approach business, always striving to make the Patient and Resident the heart of everything we do.

Cons

Sometimes our company is "siloed" which makes it difficult to make changes.

Embrace the concept of making all experiences memorable for each and every employee, patient, resident, and guest.

Other Reviews for Sodexo USA

Caution...Constant Change at Sodexo can leave you dissatisfied with your career choice!

Former Employee - Operations Support
    Former Employee - Operations Support

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

Sodexo is a great place for entry level managers to begin their career. They offer a decent starting salary and the ability to train at a variety of different facilities. I enjoyed the on-boarding process where they sent you to classes to learn all about the company, its mission, vision and values, and it gave you an opportunity to meet other new employees in different divisions. At the unit, the work load was heavy but managable. Sodexo gave me the tools to do my job and provided me additional training when requested. Overall the experience was good up until the end.

Cons

In the beginning of my career, the starting pay and benefits program were good compared to the competition. But as the years went on, Senior Management pushed more of the cost burdon onto the employees shoulders. Basic catistrophic medical coverage use to be less than $10.00 per week, and has soared to over $60.00 per week. It is truly awful. In general, the Health Insurance they offer is costly compared to other similar employers. I did enjoy the Free meals in-unit and Sodexo was good at communcicating changes that were occuring world wide. Another downside is their diversity program. They focus so much on diversity, at times they hire based on racial status and not based on ability. Sodexo has horrible senior leadership and support. The company downsized HR and Finance departments in 2007 and the level of service provided afterwards was horrible and remains so today.

Go back to the drawing board with your reorganization plan. Fire senior leader for the US and put in someone who is competent.

Not the place to be.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Sodexo USA

Pros

The job is a good place to start for most employees, and there are always positions available for those who are actually interested.

Cons

The hours are long and hard, employee turnover in the location I was at was high, specifically because the locations were staffed mainly by students. For this reason, it became necessary, often, to work in their place. Management structure was impossible to negotiate, and often left little power in my own hands.

Develop a better strategy for management of the entire Sodexo holdings on the college campus. Plan better ways and elucidate better the responsibilities of all of the management positions, so that nobody steps on each others' toes, and so that management of each food service unit is better run.

There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo USA.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!