Sodexo USA
www.sodexo.jobs Gaithersburg, MD 5000+ Employees

The Sodexo Experience

Student Manager (Current Employee)
Davis, CA

ProsThis job was really good to me while I was in college. It worked around my schedule so that I would never become too busy with school and work. The management experience was really helpful for finding a career. The company really seemed to care about its Student Managers, as we were given quarterly trainings in helpful areas.

ConsAs a part time manager, the full timers tend to overlook some serious problems. The student manager is a liaison between its diverse student employee base and upper management. If there was moral problem with the student staff (university students getting paid minimal wage to work in a dish room), management more often than not ignored my warnings, leading to a drastic turnover rate with our new hires. In the long run, we ran into many problems with always having a very green staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your student managers. They hear much more feedback about the job than you.

Providing excellent hospitality all of the time.

Catering Staff (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sodexo USA part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great benefits and warm associates. Cons: Work can sometimes be unengaging. Advice to Senior Management: Respect and care for your associates and they will perform… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Supervisor

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Defiance, OH

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I love everything about my job Cons: Hard to find new employees in this area Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sodexo USA.

Worked for Sodexo USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sodexo USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sodexo USA CEO George Chavel . All reviews posted anonymously by Sodexo USA employees.