There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo USA

Sodexo has provided a wealth of opportunities and experiences and I have built a great career here."

Current Employee - Director in Gaithersburg, MD
Current Employee - Director in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing people; great networking and mentoring programs that provide great exposure to c-suite of the company; training and stretch project work opportunities; great benefits such as 401K, health benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Conservative and risk adverse; low compensation and poor bonus structure; no relo which inhibits ability to accept promotion opportunities; very small tuition reimbursement program

Advice to Management

Provide greater ease for current employees act on new opportunities within the company; interview process is too structured and impersonal; review reward programs and reward for performance versus tenure.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo USA

1. Worst Experience of My Life

Current Employee - Catering Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Catering Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sodexo USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paychecks are steady and the benefits are exceptional.

Cons

I took a position after a previous catering manager walked out of the unit and I should have taken this as a sign. I jumped on board with less than 3 weeks until the property opened for the season and had 0 help from corporate officials. I was fairly new to Sodexo so I was not familiar with the company, but I felt like I was put out to slaughter from day 1. I constantly asked for help from other people in the area, but often did not receive return emails or even phone calls. Sodexo ended up loosing this account, which is no surprise, but it could have been kept with a few tweaks (unless they never wanted to keep it in the first place).

Advice to Management

I was shocked at how I was put in a position to fail, especially when I have heard great things about this company for years.

Sodexo USA Response

Mar 14, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you've described. This is not the typical experience, and our employees should never be set up to fail. If you are still working for Sodexo in a different ... More

2. A lot of favoritism

Former Employee - Student Worker in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Sodexo USA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal during your shift

Cons

Other people got treated better than others, had to do less work than others. You were promised a free meal but God forbid you actually wanted to eat something during your shift.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better supervision of the campuses that you work with.