Great place to work

Current Intern - Future Leader Intern in Lowell, MA
Current Intern - Future Leader Intern in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Sodexo USA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and work ethics.

Cons

Less salaries. It could be better as it is an International company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I thought Sodexo as a whole was a great company to work for with a very caring environment both globally and locally.

Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sodexo cares about the communities that it works in and the environment. Sodexo does their best to ensure that employee were able to keep a work life balance that works for singles and families. I worked for a Director that truly cared for his employees and tried to look out for our best interest even in an every change client environment.

Cons

I was stuck in a position with no advancement opportunities and needed to be able to increase my salary to cover increasing expenses

Sodexo USA Response

Mar 17, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I'm happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with your team and director! I did want to do a quick follow up regarding advancement opportunities. Internal promotion and development is a huge ... More

2. Depends on the people you work with and for.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Sodexo USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are great job opportunities but only in the field that you are currently in. Was promoted twice in five years--you can do this if you share with your manager what your interests are. I have been working in the food service management side of the business and cannot get into another area such as business development, communications, HR, etc.

Cons

Pay is okay. Internal promotions happen but you get stuck with less pay than the person who is hired externally to do the same thing because there is a cap on salary increases with you are internal.

Advice to Management

If you have loyal employees who want to stay and grow with the company, don't limit their pay increase when they are promoted and pay them what you would if they were hired externally--THEY ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE IN YOUR COMPANY!

Sodexo USA Response

Apr 11, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I understand that situations like you've outlined can be frustrating, but policies and processes are always being reevaluated. It's great to hear ... More