Soft Tech Consulting

www.softtechconsulting.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Soft Tech Consulting

Great company, wonderful owner.

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner really cares about the employees and the company is growing every year.

Cons

It is still a small company so no room for bench if a contract is cancelled or lost.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Company and Team

I have been working at Soft Tech Consulting full-time

Pros

My colleagues at Soft Tech are some of the best people I've had the pleasure of working with. The CEO truly cares about the people who work here and makes a point to put effort into creating a supportive community. Management across the board maintains an open door policy and creates a work place where ideas and opinions are taken into account and valued. In addition, Soft Tech fosters an amazing work-life balance - you aren't just a worker here, you're a valued teammate and your life outside of work matters just as much.

Cons

Fostering the Soft Tech community can be challenging, given the typical woe of a contractor - holding projects across the region/country, meaning employees are spread out and often don't work face-to-face. To combat this challenge, Soft Tech headquarters has made a point to hold occasional company gatherings, which really do bring people together in a positive way to foster lasting relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's refreshing to be part of an organization that actually cares about the people who make it run.

2. Typical Contracting Headaches

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at Soft Tech Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beat my Salary Requirement by 2k. Received a 1.5k raise. Allowed us to go into negative PTO during the 2014 Federal government sequestration.

Cons

Recruiter told me that I was being contracted for one year on a Muliyear contract that had just been renewed. First day on the job my Project Manager informed me that I was on a separate task order and was being contracted for two months at a time.

Advice to Management

Be honest and straightforward about the length of service on contracts. People are planning their lives around the length of contracts and also considering employment offers based on length of contracts, salaries, and benefits.

Soft Tech Consulting Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your constructive feedback on Soft Tech’s recruiting efforts. We’re sorry to hear about any confusion or disappointment surrounding your experience. As a small business that focuses ... More